Fatal error fix – Allowed memory size exhausted
Let me guess,
Your WordPress site isn’t opening up and to make things more annoying, it keeps showing a fatal error of memory size being exhausted. So, you are here looking for a solution to this annoying issue.
Well, you have the right sense of direction and have come to the right place.
Now, this error shows up whenever the memory runs out and it usually happens while trying to install plugins or themes.
I know! Shit happens ?
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2348617 bytes) in /home4/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line xxx
But don’t worry,
this is a very common issue faced by most of the WordPress users and I faced this issue myself and it was very frustrating!!, but I managed to find a very simple solution to a very technical issue. So, here we go ……. busshhhhhhhhh
2 Methods to fix the Fatal error of memory size being exhausted.
Method 1 – Restoring Files and Database.
Now, this method is mainly for the users who have Godaddy as their hosting provider, but even other users with different hosting providers can try if they have the local backup enabled.
- Go to Godaddy.com and Login to your account.
- Click on your Username and got to My Products.
- Then, Click on Manage of Managed WordPress Websites.
- Under Backups tab, click on Active of Local backups.
- Now choose the restore type as Files and Database.
- Choose the restoration dates for both and press Restore.
- Wait for at least 10minutes and then try if it worked.
Method 2 – Increasing memory limit.
- Install & Activate this plugin – File Manager
- This File manager will allow you to upload, delete, copy, move, rename, edit, compress and extract files.
- Search for “wp-config.php” in the search bar of the file manager.
- Right click on the file and choose Edit file.
- Add this line before /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ and press Save and Close
Hope this worked out for you guys.
But WAIT ! Don’t leave
Make your WordPress site more awesome with these 10 Must have WordPress Plugins of 2016!
If you have any suggestion, advice or request, then please do convey it through comments. Have a nice day 🙂